Contract Administrator | Quantity Surveyor | Client-side | Energy Infrastructure
- Mar 01, 2019
- By Maria Hasson
Posted 3 weeks ago
- Salary: Negotiable ($80k+)
Energy Infrastructure Company
Our client, leading energy infrastructure company is seeking a Contract Administrator or QS to join their project team in Downtown Calgary. (Junior or intermediate level)
This is a 12 month contract position with potential to extend based on performance.
- Contract Formation; (various contract types – consulting, engineering, EP, EPC, construction etc.)
- Contract Administration;
- Administer and monitor performance and compliance to commercial terms;
- Preparation of Request for Proposal (“RFP”) documents for services associated with the execution of new capital projects;
- Management of the RFP process including correspondence with suppliers and contractors;
- Collaboration with multiple disciplines within the project group in the preparation of RFP’s;
- Collaboration with legal department to ensure proper review of all contract documents;
- Negotiation of contract terms and conditions;
- Attendance at project meetings providing updates and reports to project management;
- Participate in subcontract claims or dispute settlements according to delegated authority;
- Recommend efficiency changes to contract administration;
- Conduct subcontract final account review and process back charges;
- Comply with and implement all Health & Safety project requirements.
- Relevant Degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or similar;
- 3-6 years of experience in contract formation/administration;
- Previous experience in construction industry in Canada is an asset;
- Experience in oil and gas projects is an asset;
- Experience with ERP systems; (SAP experience is an asset)
- Position will be located in Downtown Calgary office.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of contractual execution of the contract and ensure compliance;
- Surety/Letters of Credit – Performance, Holdback, Labour & Material Bonding;
- Commercial, cost control, risk management and contract requirements awareness;
- Excellent spreadsheet and word processing skills;
- Excellent organization, documentation and planning skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Expert numerical competence and spreadsheet aptitude;
- Construction projects and the ability to work within a fixed budget.
• Candidates with valid work permit only.
Please clearly highlight relevant work experience, project overviews and project scale ($) in your resume.
Please ensure you register your details with Outpost Recruitment when submitting your job application. We cannot review your application until we have gathered information on your work experience, skills and attributes.
Submit an application