- Jul 15, 2020
- By Maria Hasson
Mechanical Project Manager, Tenant Improvement | Consulting
Posted 6 days ago
- Salary: $90000 - $100000
Building Services Consultancy
Building services consultancy focused on commercial and institutional buildngs
Our client, a global engineering consultancy is seeking a Mechanical Project Manager for Commercial Tenant Improvement projects to join their growing operations with experience across market sectors such as residential, commercial, retail, institutional and tenant improvements.
This position provides the opportunity to work with a truly innovative and passionate team. Our Client has built a distinguished reputation as a services consulting firm and are looking for talented, resourceful individuals to join the team. The role requires design experience and capabilities to work alongside the existing Vancouver team. Building sustainable relationships with clients through successful project delivery will be critical for representing the brand, drive successful project outcomes, reduce risks, ensure adherence to policy & codes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the Tenant Improvement / Existing Buildings sector within the Vancouver Office
- Needs to be a work winner (and will need to have existing contacts / connections with Clients in the Commercial Office / Tenant Improvement / Existing Buildings / Retail (if possible) market sectors in Vancouver
- Personable and comfortable with clients
- Strong working relationships with developers, contractors and regulators of commercial and industrial developments
- Coordinating with team of engineers, as well as coordinating externally with external design team members/stakeholders.
- Providing regular reviews on projects to evaluate clients’ expectations
- Working with the Vancouver Office Client Focus Group to source and secure project opportunities in the Commercial Office / Tenant Improvement / Existing Buildings / Retail (if possible) market sectors
- Supporting and initiating business development activities and connecting with the local market client base (in particular clients associated with the Commercial Office / Tenant Improvement / Existing Building / Retail sectors)
- Work with the Office Executive Team to form a strategy for revenue and personnel growth within the Interiors / Existing Buildings team
- Strong Technical ability
- Bringing multidisciplined teams together to solve problems
- Needs to be a skilled multi-disciplined project leader (in delivery and financially)
- PEng would be ideal (but not critical)
- Needs to have good planning and organisational skills
- Potential for other leadership roles pending performance
- Excellent career growth opportunities within (also potential to work in other offices overseas)
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 7-10+ years of relevant building systems design experience (ideally 5+ years with Lower Mainland BC in the Commercial Office Tenant Improvement / Existing Buildings sector in Vancouver)
- Legally entitled to work in Canada for an indefinite period (PR or Citizen preferred).
- Ideally has the ability to bring existing client connections
- Strong Technical ability.
- Competency in BCBC, BCPC, VBBL, VPBL
- Competency in ASHRAE 62/62.1/62.2 (ventilation), ASHRAE 90.1 (energy conservation), Energy Step Code (energy conservation),CSA B149 (gas code), CSA B139 (stationary engine code), NFPA 96 (commercial kitchen ventilation), and Worksafe BC guidelines
- Competency compiling Engineering drawings (hand/CAD/BIM)
- Client communication at site meetings, teleconferences, presentations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Approaches tasks in a positive and professional manner
- Calm and productive when under pressure from deadlines
- Able to clearly explain engineering design information to clients in layman’s terms
- Class 5 BC Driver’s License
- Personable and comfortable with clients
- Needs to have good planning and organisational skills.
- Able to deliver accurate & consistent results in a complex and deadline driven environment
- Supervisory background and proven leadership skills
- Can legally work in Canada
- Considerable experience in the Commercial Office Tenant Improvement / Existing Buildings sector in Vancouver
- A work winner (very good with clients and has plenty of local client connections)
- Strong Technical ability (Mechanical Engineering HVAC and Mechanical Building Systems, as well as the Commercial TI sector
Extended Medical, Dental and Disability available. Salary based on a normal working week
Please clearly highlight relevant work experience, project overviews and project scale ($) in your resume.
Candidates with valid work permit preferred
Please ensure you register your details with Outpost Recruitment when submitting your job application. We cannot review your application until we have gathered information on your work experience, skills and attributes.
Submit an application