- Mar 03, 2021
- By Maria Hasson
Senior Project Manager, Healthcare | General Contractor
- Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary
Posted 1 day ago
- Salary: $130000 - $170000
Leading general contractor focused on ICI and Healthcare buildings projects across Canada
Large general contractor is seeking experienced Senior Project Manager to direct major Design Build Healthcare projects ($150m+). You’re a Project Manager with over 10 years of experience who will develop and execute project plans and schedules, ensure the highest safety and quality standards. You have a proven track record for meetings budgets, schedules and scope.
If you are interested in leading construction projects and mentoring a team of professionals, join this exciting team in Vancouver, BC, Toronto, ON and Calgary AB.
- Provide overall construction management from pre-construction to completion including design, coordination, budget, and schedule in conjunction with the Superintendent
- Prepare regular, timely and accurate billings for Owners, and ensure timely payment of subcontractor billings.
- Meet with Owners, Architects and other Stakeholders in a professional manner and have the ability to communicate effectively both the concerns and best interests of the company
- Monitor, interpret and forecast a project’s cost reports ensuring they are in line with the estimate and maintain a positive cash flow
- Submit project reports to Area Manager and communicate with management about project progress and areas of risk that need to be escalated
- Experience as a Project Manager or similar direct supervisory role on large-scale $150m+ mixed use, ICI or healthcare construction project
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, costs, budgets and current construction practices and methodology
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs
- Ability to determine a problem’s root causes, identify short and long term solutions, anticipate patterns and look beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderate to complex situations and creating new solutions in the construction plan and schedule
Education & Experience:
- You have a construction related degree/diploma and 10+ years of construction experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- You have experience in design build/construction management delivery models/contracts
- You have experience in Acute Healthcare Renovations/New Builds
- You have a working knowledge of construction scopes and activities, scheduling, project management and contract software
- You have the ability to confidently mentor and delegate to a large team while developing and maintaining strong client relations.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods); company policies, procedures and standards, union jurisdiction, labor agreements and negotiations essential
- Excellent communication, organizational, supervisory and planning skills required
Unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
An equal opportunity employer. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please ensure you register your details with Outpost Recruitment when submitting your job application. We cannot review your application until we have gathered information on your work experience, skills and attributes.
Submit an application