For the first time since the pandemic struck, it feels as though the good news may finally be outweighing the bad. Canada’s construction sector has remained resilient throughout the pandemic, as governments doubled-down on infrastructure spending to boost the economy. Now, with Canada’s vaccine rollout well underway and continued promises of mass vaccination of Canadians by September it feels as though there may be an end in sight.
- Are employers in the engineering and construction sectors hiring right now?
- How long will it be before employers start hiring as usual again?
- I’m an unemployed jobseeker here in Canada right now, what advice can you offer?
- My employment is uncertain / has been terminated. What action can I take?
- I’m due to fly to Canada soon (January 2021 – March 2021) to activate my status in Canada. What should I do?
- My immigration or work permit application is in progress, how long will it take to receive final approval?
- I was meant to start a new job in the coming weeks, will I still be able to start as planned?
- I recently moved to Canada, should I consider returning home until things can return to normal?
- How will I know when Outpost Recruitment has new employment opportunities again?
- Where can I find more information about how COVID-19 may affect my move to Canada?
Are employers in the engineering and construction sectors hiring right now?
Hiring has resumed but many clients are taking a cautious approach due a prevailing sense of uncertainty. With a high number of firms laying off workers across industrial (Oil & Gas), there are quite a few free agents in the market. Most of our clients are preoccupied with procedures to bring their workers back into the office while adapting to stringent new health and safety measures, including social distancing.
Given different provinces and specific projects have different restrictions in place, it’s ideal to research the relevant province and project.
We’re always keen to hear from motivated job seekers so feel free to create a profile and we can arrange a chat around your employment preferences. Our consultative approach is focused on working with motivated candidates to find them the right opportunity in the market. We have strong client relationships which allow us open channels of communication. Timing is everything in recruitment and we can monitor the market on your behalf.