- Nov 28, 2023
- By Ruairi Spillane
Estimators (All Levels), Infrastructure | General Contractor
- Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal
Posted 6 days ago
- Salary: $80000 - $150000
Leading North American infrastructure contractor focused on transportation and heavy civil
Large infrastructure contractor is seeking Junior, Intermediate & Senior Estimators with experience across infrastructure (transportation, water, other heavy civil) projects to join its leading team across Canada
Our client is currently looking for Estimators to join their bid team. This position’s primary function is to procure jobs/projects as assigned or directed by the Bid Manager. This involves meeting with clients, conducting site reviews, reviewing all available relevant information, preparing quantities, preparing an estimate and quote and executing contract negotiations. Competitive salary and benefits package offered.
An Estimator’s position is project driven; fast paced and can be demanding at times. Their department thrives on teamwork in order to meet deadlines and procure clients. A successful candidate will be a motivated, team-oriented individual that has the ability to work well in a fast paced work environment.
Salary: From $80k-$150k upwards, depending on experience.
- Completing assignments from Bid Manager
- Conducting site visits
- Gathering and reviews all relevant information available, such as drawings, Geotechnical Reports etc.
- Preparing detailed and well organized bid (following proper construction sequence).
- Meeting anticipated bid closing dates
- Negotiating contracts with clients and executing contracts
- Being aware of current market conditions to obtain maximum mark-up and winning the contract
- Being the liaison between Superintendent and Client Representative.
- Monitoring work in progress and taking care of administrative duties, such as change orders and invoicing.
- Comparing bid to actual job results
- Being a self-motivated asset to the team, while working effectively and efficiently without direct supervision.
Specific Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent communications skills
• Strong computer skills
• Analytical Skills
• Field experience in related disciplines
• Understanding of construction processes
• Mathematically inclined
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
• Ability to work well in a team environment
Desirable Qualifications and Knowledge
• Bid2Win Estimating Software
• SAP Software
• Autodesk Buzzsaw
• MS Excel
• Gold Seal Certified
• Industry Experience (Transportation Infrastructure/ Roadworks)
• BCIT Graduate in Civil Construction or equivalent work experience
• Only candidates with authorisation to work in Canada will be considered. Exceptional international candidates will be considered.
Please clearly highlight relevant work experience, project overviews and project scale ($) in your resume.
Please ensure you register your details with Outpost Recruitment when submitting your job application. We cannot review your application until we have gathered information on your work experience, skills and attributes.
Submit an application