- Feb 06, 2023
- By Ruairi Spillane
Mechanical Engineer / Designer, Buildings | Design Consultancy
- Vancouver, Toronto
Posted 3 days ago
- Salary: $70000 - $120000
Building Services Consultancy
Building services consultancy focused on commercial, institutional and high-rise residential buildings
Client is a fast-growing building services consultancy with offices across Canada. They are seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer / Designer with a proven ability to maintain strong client relationships and build new business across company portfolio. Candidate will have the ability to lead a design team as well as mentor team members.
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Design of mechanical HVAC, plumbing and fire protection in large-scale commercial and institutional building applications
- Implement the design concept through the preparation and production of drawings and schematics of mechanical systems for commercial, institutional, residential, public and private facilities
- Coordinate with other consulting disciplines to ensure drawing integrity and completeness
- Work with project team and Project Manager to ensure on-time project completion
- Review other discipline drawings (structural, architectural, landscape, civil-external)
- Work with contractors and provide technical and administrative support through all phases of the project
- Coordinate with internal production teams and reconcile project drawings
- Overtime as required
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary education in Mechanical Engineering or another relevant discipline such as Building Systems
- Minimum 3+ years relevant working experience
- Design experience in any or all of the following areas HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems
- Background developing construction documents using AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Familiar with bid and tendering process
- Extensive knowledge of detailed architectural drawings and construction concepts and the ability to read and apply pertinent codes and standards
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian/Provincial and other relevant codes and standards (i.e.: ESC, CSA, IES, IEEE, NFPA)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint
- Experience working with customers and client base
- Experience working in a team-based environment
- Experience in site investigations and construction review
- P. Eng. or CET certifications would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented
- Team and customer service-focused
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible
• Only candidates with authorisation to work in Canada will be considered.
• Only exceptional candidates who require sponsorship will be considered for these roles.
Compensation: Package likely to be $60-100k depending on relevant experience. Base salary, bonus and share ownership options available.
Please clearly highlight relevant work experience, project overviews and project scale ($) in your resume.
Please ensure you register your details with Outpost Recruitment when submitting your job application. We cannot review your application until we have gathered information on your work experience, skills and attributes.
Submit an application