- Feb 03, 2023
- By Maria Hasson
Procurement Manager, Healthcare | General Contractor
- Vancouver, Toronto, Halifax
Posted 6 days ago
- Salary: $120,000+
Leading general contractor focused on ICI and Healthcare buildings projects across Canada
Large general contractor is seeking experienced Procurement Manager with 8+ years of experience to focus on major Design Build ICI projects ($150m+). You have a proven track record for meeting scope requirements and milestones.
If you are interested in mentoring a team of professionals, there are roles in Vancouver, BC, Toronto, ON or Halifax, NS offices.
- Plan, organize, direct and control activities related to procurement by implementing procurement strategies and forecasting procurement needs
- Administrative management of equipment procurement process, general communications, reporting, document control and formal compliance
- Perform periodic market trend analysis in the specific categories; analyzing supplier base, industry changes, etc.
- Support supplier relationship and performance programs with key suppliers.
- Provide management, instruction and follow-up in support of operations teams RFP/bid, contracting and operational processes. Proactive management of internal and external customer expectations.
- Establish relationships with Corporate Legal and Risk Management to ensure all contractual terms and conditions comply with standard or other contract changes and are formally reviewed and approved by legal/risk management.
- Participate and provide leadership to Preferred Supplier performance review meetings.
Education & Experience:
- Proven supply chain management and procurement experience, dealing with both small and large value contracts
- Property/facility management procurement experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead negotiations and support in the development of negotiation strategies for large and complex projects and contracts.
- Ability to understand complex and abstract concepts (legal, technical and/or commercial) and being able to present the information in an informative and simplified manner; such that key decisions can be made quickly and objectively.
- Self-motivated and able to perform the role with minimal supervision; takes ownership and demonstrates sense of urgency while managing multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel, including VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
Unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
An equal opportunity employer. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please ensure you register your details with Outpost Recruitment when submitting your job application. We cannot review your application until we have gathered information on your work experience, skills and attributes.
Submit an application