Superintendent, Civil / Infrastructure | General Contractor
- May 23, 2019
- By Maria Hasson
Posted 2 weeks ago
- Salary: $120,000+
Leading Canadian infrastructure contractor
Our client, a leading civil and infrastructure contractor has openings for Project Superintendents with civil experience in concrete, earthworks and underground works to join their project team.
Compensation: Competitive salary, great benefits package, 4 weeks’ vacation, fitness membership, training opportunities, summer hours and more.
Oversee and manage construction activity on a challenging and exciting project. Using your hands-on approach, you will provide strong and high quality focused leadership, excellent technical construction expertise and provide proactive solutions. You anticipate project needs through your proactive approach and work with the team/trade partners to create a roadmap for project success and completion. You will ensure project excellence through outstanding leadership, key focus on effective project execution, quality, health and safety and people.
- Demonstrates leadership in HS&E to promote HS&E standards, applicable OH&S acts, regulations and codes with all employees
- Use proactive approach to determine materials are supplied/ in compliance with Quality Program;
- Establish and identify on-site manpower requirements;
- Hands-on approach to lead, mentor and walk with the site team to support the project team;
- Collaborate with trade partners and consultants;
- Develop and drive the construction schedule ensuring completion dates and milestones are met;
- Recommend innovative methods that will increase effectiveness & efficiency to ensure project excellence and productivity;
- Collaborate with the PM for all construction site start-up details
- Be a role model during coordination meeting with our clients and associated representatives;
- Stay on top of workforce training for the site team and ensure all training is up to date;
- Actively receive delivered materials on site according to policy;
- Ensure project is built according to the approved plan, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that all content is current;
- Celebrate project success and completion and be a key member of the project wrap-up process.
- 8-10 years’ experience working as a Superintendent on civil construction projects such as roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, marine and waste water;
- A construction related degree, diploma or certificate;
- A proven track record of project success and team collaboration;
- Strong knowledge of construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, quality & cost control;
- Ability to quickly identify problematic situations, identify possible causes, produce effective solutions and collaboratively lead a large team to successful completion.
- A passion to develop, maintain and execute the project schedule;
- Good computer skills and previous experience with scheduling software;
- Knowledge of the Vancouver market and ability to work throughout British Columbia
- Strong leadership and teambuilding abilities
• Candidates with valid work permit only.
Please clearly highlight relevant work experience, project overviews and project scale ($) in your resume.
Please ensure you register your details with Outpost Recruitment when submitting your job application. We cannot review your application until we have gathered information on your work experience, skills and attributes.
Submit an application