- Apr 13, 2021
- By Ruairi Spillane
Commercial Manager, Infrastructure | General Contractor |
- Toronto, Vancouver, FIFO Remote Projects
Posted 8 hours ago
- Salary: $140,000+
Leading general contractor focused on ICI buildings and infrastructure projects across Canada
Large general contractor seeking experienced Commercial Manager with 10+ years of experience in construction phase of large infrastructure projects ($100m+)
The Commercial Manager is responsible for the commercial aspects of the Project. The Commercial Manager will manage Design Build Contract administration, changes and payment claims; subcontracts administration, changes and claims; all procurement, expediting and goods receipt; commercial reporting and cost control.
- Management and Supervision of the project’s contractual and commercial team;
- Provision of commercial and contractual advice to the project leadership team;
- Development and implementation of the Procurement Management Plan and commercial and contractual management policies, procedures and systems;
- Undertake risk identification and mitigation of commercial risks;
- Provide training and development of commercial staff;
- Manage subcontract procurement, administration, changes and claims;
- Commercial management of the design consultants;
- Control commercial costs and provide commercial reports;
- Assist the Project Manager develop the quality, health & safety and environmental objectives for the Project; and promote achievement of these objectives throughout the full project team;
- Ensure compliance with Federal, Provincial, and local laws, particularly applicable Occupational Health & Safety Acts/Construction Safety Act regulations and environmental requirements.
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the contractual, commercial and financial issues on the project;
- Provide direction, leadership and advise on commercial strategy for successful project execution;
- Prepare, maintain and provide access to all the Project’s commercial documentation;
- Provide a high level of quality assurance and review on all commercial matters relating to the project; and,
- Ensure the subcontractors and suppliers have access to the correct design specifications and drawings, and conduct reviews of work to ensure compliance to the correct commercial documentation, specifications and drawings;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Currently operating at senior executive level on a major project or as commercial manager in a large construction company;
- Proven contractual and commercial management ability at executive level;
- Thorough knowledge of contract language and legal requirements of contracts;
- Excellent people management and leadership skills; and
- Excellent team work, organizational and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or corresponding professional membership;
- Minimum of 10 years commercial management experience on major projects;
- Proven track record on delivering commercial outcomes on major projects;
- Experience in managing major subcontracts and design consultancies;
- Previous major project Joint Venture experience is desirable; and
- Ability to operate and manage at the executive level of the Project structure in a PPP/PFI environment.
- Local Canadian experience preferred — minimum of one year local experience.
• Only candidates with authorisation to work in Canada will be considered.
• Only exceptional candidates who require sponsorship will be considered for this role.
Please clearly highlight relevant work experience, project overviews and project scale ($) in your resume.
Please ensure you register your details with Outpost Recruitment when submitting your job application. We cannot review your application until we have gathered information on your work experience, skills and attributes.
Submit an application