- Mar 28, 2022
- By Maria Hasson
Design Manager, ICI / Healthcare | General Contractor
- Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary
Posted 4 days ago
- Salary: $100000 - $140000
Leading general contractor focused on ICI and Healthcare buildings projects across Canada
Large general contractor is seeking experienced Design Manager to focus on major Design Build Healthcare projects ($150m+). You’re a Design Manager with 8-10 years of experience with a proven track record for meeting scope requirements and milestones.
If you are interested in mentoring a team of professionals, join this exciting team in Vancouver, BC, Toronto, ON or Calgary AB.
- Management of the development of our design build proposals for P3 and other design build projects
- Management of the design team in developing compliant and aggressive design solutions in response to RFP requirements including coordination of all disciplines
- Analysis of project requirements and development of a strategy focused on the winning the opportunity
- Development of submissions and presentations for RFP period collaborative meeting process in conjunction with the design team; review and assessment of all RFP documentation and requirements
- Development and coordination of documentation of the proposed design to support estimating the project cost
- Development of technical submission including design and construction narratives and drawing package
- Development of project schedule and project logistic plans based on requirements and proposed design in coordination with the proposed project execution team
- Ongoing development of relationships with partner consultants and design build trade contractors
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with our mechanical and electrical design managers, project estimators, capital development director, marketing team, legal team, and facility management team
Education & Experience:
- You have a construction related degree and eight to ten years of Design Build Management experience
- You have a working knowledge of construction scopes and activities, scheduling, project management and contract software
- You have the ability to confidently mentor and delegate to a large team while developing and maintaining strong client relationships
- You have experience in design build/construction management delivery models/contracts
- You have experience in Acute Healthcare Renovations/New Builds
- Excellent communication, organizational, supervisory and planning skills required
Unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
An equal opportunity employer. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please ensure you register your details with Outpost Recruitment when submitting your job application. We cannot review your application until we have gathered information on your work experience, skills and attributes.
Submit an application