- Dec 29, 2020
- By Ruairi Spillane
Electrical Designer / Engineer (All Levels),Building Services | Consulting
- Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, Victoria, Winnipeg
Posted 1 day ago
- Salary: $60000 - $120000
Building Services Consultancy
Building services consultancy focused on commercial and institutional buildngs
Our client, a mid-sized engineering consultancy with offices across Canada, seeks Intermediate and Senior Electrical Engineers to join their growing operations.
• AutoCAD design and drafting
• LV, HV, control and lighting system design – Technical Proficiency
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
• Organizational skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Team player
Must be a team player with the ability to receive and execute instructions from the Senior Designer/Project Manager or Team Leader with minimal supervision. Proficient operating knowledge of AutoCAD 2014 is required. Good communication skills, initiatives and inclination to learn are to be demonstrated.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– AutoCAD drafting and design operations
– Provide technical assistance to the Senior Designers/Project Managers/Team Leaders as follows:
• Maintain Design (“B” file) file
• Perform Cable calculations
• Perform Lighting modelling
• LV, HC, control and lighting schematic design layout and final design with minimal supervision
• Ensure company design checklist is being followed
• Ensure company AutoCAD Standards are being followed
• Maintain AutoCAD files
• Prepare preliminary motor list with assistance provided by senior staff
• Prepare equipment selections using company selection procedures with assistance provided by senior staff
• Co-ordinate electrical and mechanical requirements with other disciplines involved in the project design team (i.e. Architects, Structural Consultants, Code Consultants, Geotechnical Consultants, etc.). Assistance will be provided by senior staff
• Co-ordinate service requirements/connections with the respective utility and/or municipal agencies
• Review and process shop drawings with senior staff
• Assist in training junior staff and reviewing their work
• Provide construction administration services as directed and supervised by senior staff
• Write various reports as directed by senior staff
• Attend site surveys with senior staff
Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum 3-5 years AutoCAD experience coupled with 2 years design experience in LV, HV, control and lighting systems
• Revit experience is an asset
• Ability to read Architectural, Structural, Electrical drawings with minimal supervision provided by senior staff
• Ability to apply prescriptive requirements of electrical building services engineering codes with minimal supervision provided by senior staff
• E.I.T. classification
• University degree or College
• Only candidates with authorisation to work in Canada will be considered.
• Only exceptional candidates who require sponsorship will be considered for these roles.
Compensation: Package likely to be $60-$120k depending on location, seniority and relevant experience. Base salary, bonus and share ownership options available.
Please clearly highlight relevant work experience, project overviews and project scale ($) in your resume.
Please ensure you register your details with Outpost Recruitment when submitting your job application. We cannot review your application until we have gathered information on your work experience, skills and attributes.
Submit an application