- May 04, 2020
- By Maria Hasson
Health & Safety Manager, Civil / Infrastructure | General Contractor
Posted 3 days ago
- Salary: $120,000+
Leading Canadian infrastructure contractor
Our client, a leading civil and infrastructure contractor has an opening for a Health & Safety Manager with infrastructure or civils experience to join their project team.
Compensation: Competitive salary, great benefits package, 4 weeks’ vacation, fitness membership, training opportunities, summer hours and more.
With a strong track record of providing health and safety support to project teams, your proactive drive for the wellbeing of others is exceptional. As a Health and Safety Advisor, your passion for implementation of required safety standards and compliance of company-wide objectives and practices is inspiring. You are a committed ambassador and effectively challenge the standard with every member of our team throughout our journey towards health and safety excellence.
The Health & Safety Manager
- Put your knowledge of Health and Safety programs to work through advisement, mentorship and assistance with project teams to ensure companywide compliance;
- Demonstrate leadership in Health & Safety on the project. Effectively apply the requirements of the project specific safety standards to promote H&S standards, applicable OH&S Acts, Regulations and Codes with all employees and trade partners on the project;
- Jump right in from project start-up to assist with the development of construction plans, kick-off meetings and hazard identification;
- Get active and out on our construction sites to conduct regular site inspections;
- Be the lead of incident investigations by taking a closer look at the investigation requirements and associated high risk elements while keeping the lines of communication open with your Regional Manager of Health and Safety;
- Promote the idea of thinking ahead and utilizing our prevention program;
- Take pride in monitoring, auditing and support to ensure Project Safety Plan compliance while always looking for opportunities to improve safety performance;
- Confidently order work stoppages as required alongside the creation of a plan of correction;
- Share your knowledge and be a role model by providing Health and Safety training and coaching opportunities;
- Utilize and support emergency response for projects;
- Effectively compile project Health and Safety statistics monthly;
- Celebrate project success and completion and be a key member of the project wrap-up process.
- 5+ years’ experience in the construction industry and health and safety management on construction projects;
- A University Degree or College Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety and/or Risk Management or a combination of education and industry experience;
- A minimum of NCSO designation would be considered an asset;
- Experience with Certificate of Recognition (COR) and Safety Group (IHSA);
- Outstanding leadership, coaching and interpersonal skills are essential;
- A dynamic and creative approach with a flair for being proactive and applying good judgement techniques in all situations;
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written;
- Good computer skills are a must;
• Candidates with valid work permit only.
Please clearly highlight relevant work experience, project overviews and project scale ($) in your resume.
Please ensure you register your details with Outpost Recruitment when submitting your job application. We cannot review your application until we have gathered information on your work experience, skills and attributes.
Submit an application