- Aug 08, 2023
- By Maria Hasson
Project Manager, Healthcare | General Contractor
- Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver Island, Halifax
Posted 3 hours ago
- Salary: $140000 - $170000
Leading general contractor focused on ICI and Healthcare buildings projects across Canada
Large general contractor is seeking experienced Project Manager to direct major Design-Build Healthcare projects ($150m+). You’re a Project Manager with over 10 years of experience who will develop and execute project plans and schedules, ensure the highest safety and quality standards. You have a proven track record for meeting budgets, schedules and scope.
If you are interested in leading construction projects and mentoring a team of professionals, join this exciting team.
- Provide overall construction management from pre-construction to completion including design, coordination, budget, and schedule in conjunction with the Superintendent
- Monitor, interpret and forecast a project’s cost reports ensuring they are in line with the estimate and maintain a positive cash flow
- Lead project meetings with internal and external parties to monitor and support the team’s ongoing development and progression
- Liaise with Owners and Architects in a professional manner and effectively communicate both the concerns and the best interests of the project
- In conjunction with project team, submit project reports to Operations Leaders and communicate with management about project progress and areas of risk that need to be escalated
- You have experience in Acute Healthcare Renovations/New Builds
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods); company policies, procedures and standards, union jurisdiction, labor agreements and negotiations essential
- Construction experience in post-secondary schools and student housing is an asset
- Excellent communication, organizational, supervisory and planning skills required
Education & Experience:
- You have a construction related degree/diploma and 10 years+ of construction experience working on ICI / healthcare projects or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- You have a working knowledge of construction scopes, activities, scheduling, project and contract management
- You have the ability to confidently mentor and delegate to a large team while developing and maintaining strong client relations
Unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
An equal opportunity employer. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please ensure you register your details with Outpost Recruitment when submitting your job application. We cannot review your application until we have gathered information on your work experience, skills and attributes.
Submit an application